Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ears and Army Crawling

Sam had an appointment with an ENT this morning and he confirmed, what I suspected - my boy needs tubes. He got a double ear infection back in October when he had the croup and since then he's been on five different antibiotics. We've been to the doctor about every 2 1/2 weeks since October! The doctor this morning had to wrap Sam up in a papoose like thing in order to suck all the wax out of his ears, just so he could get a good look. He pulled some pretty gross stuff out of my baby's ears! He's scheduled for surgery (surgery!!!) Friday, Feb. 5th. He's really such a laid back baby, that you would never even know he's had infected ears for the past three months, but hopefully he will be able to hear a little better after the tubes. Don't want him missing out on all those speech sounds. :)

On another note, he's officially mastered the army crawl. I don't remember the other two doing this (that's not to say they didn't, I just don't remember it!) and it's so funny to watch. Big boy definitely gets where he wants to go and he's so happy to finally move forward instead of backward.

I tried to take some pictures this afternoon.

Please look at his pretty blue eyes and two new teeth, not the nasty bib.

I took it off, but this is what his shirt looked like under it. Maybe one day he won't have to wear 15 bibs a day.

Got it!


And this is how he watched Baby Einstein this afternoon.

6 comments:

natalie said...

You would never know that he is sick by looking at him! I hope the tubes help him feel better.

The Dales said...

That last picture is your husband made over! WOW!

Jackie Mc said...

You know, I do believe I see a little of Marshall in him also.I think it might be the glazed look while watching TV. :)

Cheri said...

Well, he will be the cutest little boy with tubes I know!!!

Anonymous said...

The Dales took the words right out of my mouth. I can't believe how much he looks like Marshall in the last one!

Jackie said...

but in the other pictures I thought I could see Jackie.