Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Playset

Jack's 4th (!!) birthday is just around the corner and his grandparents had his gift delivered a little early. They made the trip down to Aiken to give him (and Anna & Sam) an awesome new playset for the backyard.


Jack was so into watching the guys put it together. It took them about 3 1/2 hours and he sat with Grandy "overseeing" the whole project for most of that time!

The whole thing was delivered in 4 boxes - crazy!


Everyone sat on the swing watching the action at one point.


Eventually they migrated to the porch to watch.
(I think a snack enticed them off the swing!)


Back to the swing watching . . .

It's finished!!! Jack was too excited to eat lunch and wanted to go right outside and start playing as soon as the guys pulled away.




Anna is having a hard time giving up the "baby" swing to Sam.




Even Grandy got in on the action and "played" in the tree house.


Eventually we coaxed the kids inside with cake and celebrated Grandy's birthday a little late.

That lasted just long enough to inhale some icing and then it was back outside. Granny can't stand just sitting and watching, so she pulled Sam in the wagon - with her cane! We decided this was her physical therapy for the day.


It was a fun day and the first thing I heard this morning was Jack asking if he could go outside and play (at 7:15)! He's also mentioned his new gift while saying bedtime prayers and a couple of blessings at the table. I would say he's pretty excited!

I forgot to take "after" pictures, so I snapped a couple this afternoon.


Thank you, Grandy and Granny - we all love it!

5 comments:

The Dales said...

Oh that is super nice! I love it. We have been looking at them for Perrin for his birthday this summer. I'm not sure what to look for, which ones are best, worth the money, etc. Any thoughts or how you all picked it out? This one seems to have it all! I like!

Carly said...

I think I need to bring a little almost 2-year old to test this out for you and make sure it is 'up to code.' Haha. Love it!

Megan said...

Carly - any time you and Davis want to come down for a test run we would LOVE to have you! Stephanie - I sent you message on FB, let me know if you didn't get it.

Cheri said...

Wow....how nice!!!

RheaAnn said...

love the playset. happy birthday Jack. also wanted to check on your mom. i hope she is recovering well. she looks good in the pictures!!!