Sunday, December 11, 2011

Advent Activities

In previous years, we get about halfway through the Advent season and I'm kicking myself for not getting organized enough to add daily activities to our advent calendar. Not this year, though! We finally have activities and the kids LOVE it! Some of our activities are silly, some are crafty, some are service oriented, and some are just fun. Every morning at breakfast, the kids take turns putting the "characters" in the manger (we have the Fisher Price Advent calendar) and then Jack reads our activity for the day. I haven't done a great job documenting our activities in photos, but I've taken a few here and there and want to share the ones I have.

So far, 11 days into December, we have:

Made Christmas ornaments for our tree


Enjoyed hot cocoa with LOTS of marshmallows


Made Christmas pancakes - I saw such a cute idea using cookie cutters, but it was a bust here. We ended up adding red and green sprinkles and making their initials instead of Christmas shapes, but they loved it anyway!

Written letters to Santa

Made hand print wreaths

Enjoyed candy canes as a special snack (the sweettart flavored candy canes)

Volunteered with at the Salvation Army wrapping gifts for the Boys & Girls Club Christmas party

Made Christmas cards for our teachers



Watched a Christmas movie with popcorn

Bundled up to see the Christmas lights at Hopelands Gardens

And today we watched the Christmas parade




No comments: