Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tidbits

All the kids are sick and Jack has literally watched tv all morning because he doesn't feel like doing anything else. This conversation happened about an hour after we turned it off . . .
Jack: Can I watch tv?
Me: Not now, maybe after your nap.
Jack: But I'm gonna be exhausted if I don't watch tv right now! I need to watch tv!

~~~~~

We were talking about a friend's older brother . . .
Jack: I wish I was 5 like Peter. But one day I will be 5 and then I will be 6, and then 7, and then 8, and 9, and 10, and 11. And when I get to be 12, I'm gonna be a hero!

~~~~

We've really been dealing with the kids hitting each other lately . . .
Anna: Jack's not sharing. Can I hit him?
(Well at least she asked first! Does that mean we're making progress?)

~~~~

We were talking about how Granny's leg is "hurt" and she's having trouble walking . . .
Jack: Ninny can't walk?
Me: It's hard for her to walk right now because her leg is hurt.
Jack: Well, she'll just have to crawl then!
(I don't think they are working on that in PT.)

~~~~

Jack: Ooooh! I'm too sick to walk.
(And then he crawled everywhere he needed to go for the next 15 minutes.)


~~~~

That's all the funnies I can think of now. I keep saying I'm going to write them down but then I never get around to it.

In other not-so-funny news, all 3 kids have the stomach virus today, and on top of that, Anna has hives. But the sun is shining and all the windows are open, so we're either shooing the germs out, or bringing more in. Only time will tell.

2 comments:

RheaAnn said...

praying for all of you to feel better. love the funnies. that is great, makes me feel i am not alone with it comes to sibling conflicts but i only have 2. praying for you mom and hoping rehab is going well. love ya rheaann

The Browns said...

So cute! These are so special to remember.