I screwed the first screw into the wall and it went about halfway before getting stuck on something. I asked Marshall to help, and since he's stronger than me, he punched it in harder. And then we heard a pop, and could tell something was leaking. He unscrewed the screw and stream came blasting out of the hole in the wall along with a really loud spewing sound! To make a long (and frustrating) story short, we punctured the freon line to our upstairs unit. So we had to call the AC people (remember we just had our downstairs unit replaced this summer so we should have them on speed dial) and the on call guy came out to fix it. He had to cut a hole in our wall, patch the leak, and then recharge the system. All while we were trying to keep small children out of his way and watch football at the same time!
Once I start a project I like to see it finished quickly, so despite the fact that we have a hole in our wall and peeling paint from the freon leaking down the wall, I hung my pictures anyway! We will eventually fix the hole and repaint the whole room, but until then our wall will show some battle scars for a while. The ironic thing is that I was so proud of myself for making what we already had on hand work and not spending a lot of money. But in the end, my really inexpensive project ended up costing us over $500! Ahhhh! The joys of home ownership!
Here's a picture of the punctured line.

5 comments:
Despite the leak, your collage is gorgeous!!
I'm so sorry about the mishap - how awful!
But you did a wonderful job arranging the pictures!
I love the finished project though.
How nice to put up a big M for yor MAMA!
it looks great even with the little glitch! hahaha. Sorry to hear about the expensive fix.
Post a Comment