It's hard to believe my firstborn is 5 1/2 years old. I thought it would be nice to have some important things recorded here about him.
We had a conference with his teacher last week and she had nothing but good things to say about Jack. He's a rule follower, slight perfectionist, budding reader, and friend to everyone. We're pretty proud of that synopsis.


At home he is a huge help around the house. He plays very well with all three of his siblings, and tailors his play style to whoever he's with at the moment. Sometimes we have to remind him he's not a parent and cannot punish his younger siblings, even if they do deserve it!


He seems to be a real gadget lover. He can do more on the ipad than I can! He loves video games and would seriously play them all day long if we let him (right now he's only allowed that privilege on the weekends). He seems to have moved on from Thomas the Tank Engine (I'm crying on the inside with that one) into Super Heros and Transformers. He still enjoys playing Buzz, Woody, and Lightning McQueen with his brother, though.

He's becoming more interested in sports and asks tons of questions when watching the games with us. He seems to really like football - or maybe it's just that he likes to stay up late and play while we watch the gamecocks play! He really started to "get" soccer the last few games this past season and seemed to enjoy playing.

Jack is a lot of fun. He really is transforming right before our eyes. He asks real questions, good ones, not just "why." He's reading and spelling and he's just growing up. He's kind, compassionate, silly, loving, and just a great kid!

We love this boy who will always be our "first baby!"


2 comments:
I agree that he is a great kid and do love him so!
I just love your updates! I need to follow your lead and publish more than just pictures, but give more details about my kiddos and what they're doing ~ if nothing else than so I can go back and remember later on!! The pictures are great!! Even though I've only seen them a handful of times in person I feel like I know them all. :)
Post a Comment