This boy . . . sometimes there just aren't enough words to describe his personality, but I will try. He is just a hoot! He can have a pretty solemn look on his face sometimes, but when he gives you a smile, it will melt your heart. And that giggle, oh how I love that giggle!

Sam just adores his siblings. He still wants to do everything with Jack and Anna. At 2 1/2 I think he's moved on from typical preschool toys. He wants all the things his big brother plays with, but is not afraid to wear a princess dress with heels when it's time to play dress up. His favorite toys right now are Buzz, Woody, and Lightning McQueen, but I think he will always have a soft spot for his first love, balls.

He's making great progress in speech therapy and his vocabulary has just exploded. I am also able to understand most of what he says, even with his quirky sound substitutions. Like Anna, he loves to sing and will "sing" any song he hears, even if he has no idea what the words are. His favorite phrase right now seems to be "I do it myself!" Guess that's pretty common for a two year old.

Also, like any typical two year old, he will go from happy to throwing a fit in 2.7 seconds! If we don't understand what he's saying, or he doesn't get to do something he wants, he will melt on the floor kicking and screaming. Most of the time it's pretty comical, unless it's happened for the 275th time that day and I'm starting to lose it as well!

Sam is a great sleeper and still naps about 2 hours every afternoon. If he has his special white blanket then all is well with the world and he goes right to sleep. He is not a great eater, though. He usually picks at his breakfast and lunch, but usually eats a pretty good dinner. However, he would seriously eat chips all day long if I let him. He loves them! At meals these days he requests a "boy cup," just like his siblings (meaning he wants to drink out a regular cup like a big boy).

Our baby buddy has grown up right before our eyes into a 2 1/2 year old big boy. He is still the child who challenges our parenting skills almost daily. When we think we have something figured out, along comes Sam and changes the rules. We wouldn't have it any other way, though. We sure do love our Sammy-boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment