Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Potty Time


So we started potty training Anna last Friday. I haven't blogged about it yet, because I'm just not sure how I feel about it! The first couple days were extremely frustrating for me and I had to keep telling myself that I'm sure I felt this way while Jack was potty training, I just don't remember all the nitty gritty details. Yesterday she finally worked her way through the sticker chart enough to get her "special prize" (she got to pick one toy from a bag of dollar store goodies) and I think that helped motivate her tremendously! Pooping is going to be a problem for her - she has yet to do that on the potty in the six days we've been working on this and hasn't gone at all in the last several days. I've tried to up her fruit intake, but she really doesn't love the stuff, so I have to find fiber somewhere else (Miralax isn't really working either). Maybe this is TMI, but I will certainly take suggestions if anyone has any! She wakes up dry from her naps usually and has been dry in the mornings about 50% of the time, but she's in diapers at night (with the exception on one night where I had to get up to change her clothes at 4:45, so we went back to diapers after that). She really is doing well, though, and we're proud of her!

4 comments:

Jackie Mc said...

Good going Anna & don't get frustrated mom. It will happen !

Anonymous said...

We're doing pretty well with Lorelai too, although pooping is a major problem area. We are trying to use gummy vitamins made by Fleet. They take 3 daily and seem to "encourage" pooping. Keep us posted!

The Dales said...

Perrin was potty trained in two days and I think its because I waited. He was super ready. We didn't do many treats, I just told him he better go to the bathroom because daddy and I don't go in our underwear and he shouldn't either. I didn't do pull ups or diapers at all once we started either. I think it was too confusing to him. I vowed that however hard it may be that I would not go back to diapers. After waking up wet 2 nights, he didn't do it again. Perrin also went several days without going number two but he loves prunes and I gave him 2 and he went! I don't know why Perrin was so easy. I know I was pretty serious about it, he knew I was upset with him if he had an accident. He also doesn't like his clothes to be wet so that encouraged him to go in the potty. I'll be praying for you! I know its a lot harder when you have other precious babes to watch too!

Varner Party of 3 said...

Gavin potty trained pretty quickly too, like Perrin. Gavin didn't want to poop either in the potty for several days. We had the pee peeing down pat, but it took him a while to get comfortable pooping. We went and bought some suckers (the Airhead brand - they're actually better tasting than Dum Dums; plus they have a plastic stick instead of paper. They're my new favorite.) He only got a sucker if he pooped on the potty. He started going right away. The only problem now is that he expects it everytime, even if it's 9:00 in the morning. But I've started weaning him off of them and now he goes most of the time without a reward.