Big boy had his 15 month well visit today and everything went well. He's right on track with everything, except possibly speech (go figure). I'm super picky about what I count as "real" words, so he's really not getting credit for anything other than the usual "mama," "dada," (both of which he uses intentionally, at times) and "bye." I think he says "back" (as in "Back away from my high chair, Hank, because I'm not ready to share my food yet!") because he hears us say it a good bit, but I'm not quite ready to give him credit just yet. Our pediatrician is very supportive of early intervention and probably wanted to go ahead and refer him, but I told him I'm not worried and we can reevaluate at 18 months. Jack didn't really start talking until 16 months, so we will see what happens.
He measured in at short and fat:
25 lbs (>50th percentile)
30 inches (25th percentile)

Nothing major has happened since his 14 month post, except that he is even more determined to do things than ever before. He's very into stools, and if he can't reach something he wants, he goes to another room to get a stool or chair and then climbs up to the counter, drawer, etc. to get whatever he had his eye on. He does this even when he knows he's not supposed to and is very persistent!

He's a mess and we love him to pieces!
No comments:
Post a Comment