Monday, August 23, 2010

Jack's First Day of School

Today was Jack's first day of 4K. He's going to the same church program he's been attending for the past two years, but will go M-Th until 12:00. We met his teacher last week and toured the classroom and I think that really got him ready. He was super excited this morning and when we pulled up in the car line, he jumped right out like an old pro! When I picked him up he told me there were beans there - "not for eating, just to play with," along with cups and spoons and "it's ok if they fall on the floor." Guess that was the highlight of the day!

I've learned not to bombard him with questions when he gets in the car, so I told him what I did while he was at school first. Then Anna told him everything she did, and before I could ask him a question about his day, the following conversation happened:

Anna: "Jack, did you have fun at your class?"
Jack: "I had LOTS of fun at my class, Anna!"
Anna: "Was Hayden there today?"
Jack: "Hayden was there, and Gracie, and Sophia, and a girl from church, but I can't remember her name."

It was the sweetest conversation and Anna got more information out of him than I usually get!



No comments: