Monday, August 2, 2010

First Sleepover

Friday was a jam packed, but really fun day for us. In the morning, I kept a friend's kiddos and had six kids in my care for several hours. We had kids ages 5, 4, 3, 2, 18 mos, and 14 mos! They all had a blast playing together (no pics, though - I was too busy).

Friday afternoon started our very first sleepover for the kids. We kept our good buddy Jonas so his mommy and daddy could have a night out. I think all three of them were giddy about the idea of a sleepover! They played and played and played and once Marshall got home, we had a surprise for them . . . we went to a very special place for dinner - McDonald's!

The kids got to sit at their own table and they thought it was wonderful!

Eventually it was time for bed and this is how we left them - the first time. After several in and outs, and "he's in my face," and "she's touching my blanket" we eventually moved our kids to their respective beds and Jonas got to camp on the floor in his sleeping bag! Pretty much how I thought the whole thing would pan out, but they fell asleep and woke up ready to go in the morning!

We had another special surprise in the morning - chocolate chip pancakes (for Jonas and me - plain for my weird children who don't like chocolate). I promise I gave them all forks but I don't think any of them used one!


She's freaking out because I put butter on her pancakes and she didn't want butter!


This guy finished his breakfast early and just cruised around pants-less while the rest of us ate.

Our next surprise was swimming (at 9:15 in the morning - sorry neighbors).







It's a climbing race!

One more surprise of popsicles before heading inside to dry off and watch a special video before Jonas' mommy and daddy picked him up.


The kids LOVED having Jonas over for their very first sleepover and are already asking when we can do it again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You all had a BUSY day!
Jonas had SO MUCH fun! He wanted to go over to your house on Saturday night for another sleep over. It will be a memory for a lifetime, I'm sure. Such great friends!! : )