So after we made the house from the gingerbread kit, we put it up high to dry and enjoy as part of our Christmas decorations. Anna just didn't understand why we weren't going to eat it! She has asked continually since that day when were we going to eat our gingerbread house. I started feeling guilty about having them play with candy and cookies and then not actually get to eat the silly thing, so today we made miniature gingerbread houses with graham crackers. Of course they loved it! Sam really got into things, since last time he napped while we decorated.
We were too impatient to wait for the icing to harden (and I wasn't really sure if this type would work right anyway), so our "houses" became boxes, but the kids didn't really care!
Yes, two of my kids are still in pajamas and I have no idea why Anna insisted on wearing the hat all morning!

No comments:
Post a Comment