Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Party

We celebrated Sam's first birthday Sunday with a "party." I put that in quotes because there were no invitations, no theme, no balloons, no friends. Being number three sure is a sad lot in life! I actually planned it this way, but things couldn't have worked out any better since we ended up driving to Kinston, NC over the weekend for Granddaddy's funeral. We had lunch with Pop, Grammy, Granny, and Grandy at Pizza Inn and then headed back to the house for presents and cake. Sam had a ball, and let's face it, at one, he has no idea what he missed out on!


I haven't given up yet . . . I just keep trying and trying to get a good one!

My favorite from this set.


Presents!
Jack was way more into this than Sam.

Notice Sam is playing with a toy while Jack continues to open the rest of the gifts.


Beverly & Jim gave Sam this huge box of goldfish and he insisted on having some right then and there!





Smash cake for the birthday boy.




My boy decided he REALLY likes cake!






He was so messy we had to just give him a bath.

Out of my three children, Sam definitely had the most fun with his first cake, and of course we had a lot of fun watching him. Guess this just goes to show that invitations and balloons can be overrated . . . all you really need is cake!

No comments: