Monday, July 12, 2010

Thank Goodness for Super Glue and Silly Bandz

To make a long story short, we were in the Target parking lot and I picked Anna up out of the shopping cart and put her in the van. Somehow she lost her balance and fell out backwards onto the parking lot. The back of her head was a bloody mess so we went to the doctor to have him check her out. Thankfully, it wasn't too serious, just really messy. He numbed her head with some sort of goo, while we waited 30 minutes for it to actually make everything numb. Anna was distracted by a pack of silly bandz (the kids discovered these for the first time at a birthday party this weekend and fell in love) I had in my purse that were supposed to be potty prizes. She was so patient and cooperative when they came into scrub her head and glue it back together. We've already dealt with this medical super glue when Jack had an incident a while back, so once again, it saved the day. She declared that her head felt much better immediately! It probably helped that the doctor told her it was purple "princess glue" to make her boo boo feel better. She was a trooper and we are super thankful for the wonderful super glue that fixed her head and the silly bandz that entertained her today.

2 comments:

Varner Party of 3 said...

That medical glue stuff is amazing! Not to be gross, but that's how they sealed me back together after I had my appendix taken out. Instead of using stitches, the doctor called it "super human super glue". It blew my mind! Cool stuff!

I'm so glad that Anna is ok though. That kind of stuff freaks me out. I probably would have had a heart attack.

natalie said...

Oh, no! I'm glad she's okay. Kids are so tough!