Monday, August 9, 2010

Happy Anniversary

So 14 years ago this fall, I went to a cross country meet to watch some long-haired, skinny guy run a race. Later that evening he took me out to dinner and then we went to an activity at my church. Seven years later I married that guy. Add seven more years, five moves, four kids (almost), and one neurotic dog and here we are today!

I love my husband and appreciate so many of the little things he does, but I don't always thank him out loud, so I'm taking this opportunity write a few things down for him - one for every year we've been together.

1. I love how you make our kids light up every day when you walk in the door from work.
2. I love how you always kill the bugs, even if I'm closer.
3. I love how you take a kid (or two) with you to Home Depot or Lowe's or wherever you're going, just to give me a break.
4. I love how you always have patience when I'm at the very end of mine.
5. I love how you empty the dishwasher when you come home for lunch so you can put your dirty dishes away.
6. I love watching you wrestle with the kids and how it makes them squeal with delight.
7. I love how you take the time to answer all my sports related questions (usually about baseball) when I don't understand what's happening.
8. I love how you never complain about the laundry not being put away, even when I've been home all day.
9. I love how you order a movie for me on Netflix when I mention that I would like to see it sometime, even when it's the last thing you want to watch.
10. I love how you can always make me laugh, exactly when I need it.
11. I love how you read stories and pray with our children every night.
12. I love how you support my crazy house renovation ideas, even when it means you will end up doing most of the work - on your one day off.
12. I love how you work hard to provide for our family and make certain sacrifices, without complaining, so that I can stay at home with our children.
13. I love how you take the trash out to the curb for trash night every week.
14. I love that we're still going strong after 14 years and I love you!


Happy Anniversary to us!

And since I'm not a fan of posts without pictures, here's a little flashback fun . . .

1997

2003

2010

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look amazing and that list is the sweetest thing I've ever read! :) Happy Anniversary!

Jackie Mc said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO MY SON AND DAUGHTER! LOVE YOU BOTH VERY MUCH!