Sunday, September 12, 2010

Bed Update

I can hardly believe it but Sam has done fabulous with his transition out of the crib and into a big boy bed! His first night in it, after two tiny fusses, I never heard another peep out of him - until 7:35 the next morning! I checked on him before I went to bed and apparently the thud I heard earlier in the night was him getting/falling out of bed because he was sound asleep on the floor, snuggled up with his blanket. I picked him up and put him in the bed.

Last night he cried around 3:00am and I went to check on him. He was just flopping around on the bed crying. I rocked him for a few minutes and put him back in the bed and didn't hear another sound until I woke him up at 8:20 this morning so we could get ready for church.

We've ditched the morning nap, and so far he's had two days of 3 hour afternoon naps with absolutely no problems. He only cries when he's ready to get out of his room when he wakes up. Before he would play in his crib awhile, so I think once he adjusts, he will go back to playing.