Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

We hit the pumpkin patch today with the MOMS Club. Actually, it's just a church that sells pumpkins, but we called it a pumpkin patch, and at this point in life, my kids don't really know the difference. They had a story time for the kids with several different books and songs and then they got to pick out their very own pumpkin. We had a blast (even though Jack looks like a grouch in a lot of the pictures)!

Anna liked the bumpy pumpkins the best.


I tried to get a picture of J & A together.
This is my first attempt.

I asked them to smile and this is what I got.

Number three wasn't any more successful than the first two attempts.

Why I thought we would get a good one if I threw Sam into the mix is beyond me! These are the only two I could snap before everyone complained that Sam was too heavy to hold.


Jack moved on to explore the other pumpkins.


After watching our attempts at a group photo, Jonas asked to hold Sam and he didn't complain once that big boy was too heavy!



More bumpy pumpkins.


Story time.

Again, despite the sour look on his face in the pictures, he loved it and participated in the songs.

Picking out his pumpkin.

I asked him to show it to me . . .

and then threatened that we wouldn't go to Chick-fil-A with his friends if he didn't give me at least one smile!

Just because it makes me laugh, I'm including all three of our attempts at a family picture (minus Marshall, of course, since he was at work)!



Anna with her pumpkin.

The kids found something even more exciting than pumpkins - a wooden beam!

They ended up the trip by climbing the hill, rolling their pumpkins down, and then running down the hill to retrieve them and start all over again. That, of course, seemed to be the highlight of the whole trip!

No comments: