Monday, February 1, 2010

Our Budding Artist

So if you're not my friend on facebook, you don't know what our creative (for lack of a better word) daughter has been up to this weekend. Let me fill you in . . . .

Friday morning she was coloring at the kitchen table with markers.

I was in the other room and I heard her say, "It's ok, Mommy. It's ok." Hmmm . . . I peeked in on her and she's sitting on the floor, coloring on the kitchen chair. She usually does this activity with Jack (who I guess keeps her in check), but this day she was coloring solo and I figured it was my fault for leaving her unattended. Plus, it washed right off, no biggie.


Sunday afternoon she was supposed to be napping in my bed room. I had to move her in there because she and Jack were not settling down. I knew she would sleep (sometimes Jack doesn't) so I've never had to worry about her getting into things, until now . . .

She found a ballpoint pen in the drawer of a nightstand and colored to her heart's content.

On our brand new sheets!

Today, she and Jack were wild animals during nap time, so again, I moved her to my room. I specifically told her not to color on anything, checked the room for pens (there were none), and left her to nap. Big mistake! I went to check on her a while later, thinking she was sound asleep, and this is what I found:

Lipstick and eyeliner all over my bathroom counter . . .

and this face grinning back at me!

And as much as I wanted to ring her neck, this image flashed through my memory and I had to stifle a laugh.

Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, huh?



At this point, the lipstick has stained her skin and she looks like she has some weird disease. So if anyone has any tips on how to remove lipstick from my 2 year old's skin, I would appreciate it.

8 comments:

Corrie said...

OMG...LOL! Too bad it isn't close to Halloween, she could have been a clown this year....you'd just have to add the white paint!

Jackie Mc said...

This just makes me laugh out loud !!!!!!!!

The Dales said...

That is great! She is hilarious and mischievous! Its moments like that you have to remember one day she'll be 18 and wearing that makeup and you'll wish she was just a babe again playing in yours.

Carly said...

Oh my gosh, this is hilarious and horrifying at the same time!

Jackie said...

Love your kids!

Jackie said...

And your attitude toward this cute mishaps.

natalie said...

I have a picture just like yours with lipstick around my mouth. I just wear lipgloss now, so Emma never got to paint her face with lipstick like that. She has written on walls, sheets, comforters, etc. with markers and pens though. I found several toys this weekend that she had written her name on with a black marker. She also claimed that the marker wrote on her sheets by itself.

The Kinard family said...

Megan! This is the funniest blog posting!!! Anna is a hoot!!! Thank you for sharing your stories....they are great! :)