Friday, February 5, 2010

Sam's Surgery

Sam's surgery this morning was a success. We had to be at the hospital at 6:00am for a surgery that was scheduled for 7:30. We had wonderful nurses who raved over our little guy so that definitely made things a bit easier. Once they gave him some oral medication to make him drowsy, he was hilarious to watch! Poor guy just seemed so out of it. We left him in good hands and waited in the waiting room about 40 minutes before they called us back to see him in recovery. He did great and now we are home and even though he a touch grouchier than normal, I think he's going to be just fine. Hopefully these tubes will kick his never ending ear infections. Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers this morning!


Sitting in the waiting room before everything got going this morning.

Playing with the cord on his monitor.

The sleepy medicine is starting to kick in here.

Getting one last snuggle in before they took him back.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

What a precious boy he is.
I'm so glad it went well!
When I nannied, the oldest (then 3) had tubes put in and adenoids removed. He was supposed to rest for a week, but he was back to himself the next day! I bet Sam will bounce back quickly too.

RheaAnn said...

so glad all is well. hope you guys are doing great. miss seeing you but keep blogging!!!

Kelly said...

I'm so glad everything went well with Sam! That is great news!