Friday, May 21, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday, Sam!

Today is the day my baby turns one. I'm not even sure how a complete year has passed us by, but it surely has. A year ago today, we headed to the same hospital where Jack and Anna were born so that I could be induced. I had lots of expectations of the day, based on my last two labors, but since this pregnancy wasn't a whole lot like the other two, I'm not sure why I expected the labor to be. I just knew we would have a baby by lunchtime, but noon came and went and I still wasn't progressing like I thought I would. Finally, it was time to push and I felt like things moved in slow motion. The head, the shoulders, the tummy were all delivered, and at 3:12 pm the doctor finally said, "It's a boy!"

"What? Really? It's a boy? It's a boy!!! Are you sure? We have a boy!!!"

That was pretty much our reaction to our sweet number three. We just knew it was a girl, but the Lord blessed us with a precious boy and He, of course, knew just what He was doing. our family is so much fun with Sam around. He has the most contagious laugh and the biggest, widest smile I've ever seen. He has challenged me as a mother on so many aspects of life where I thought I had things figured out, but I love that he's got his own personality. He's an energetic, yet easy going babe, who loves his family to pieces, and of course, the feelings are mutual!


We love you, Samuel Eason McCravy! Happy 1st birthday!



It's hard to believe that this baby . . .


is now this baby!

2 comments:

natalie said...

Happy Birthday, Sam! This year has gone by too quickly. I can't believe Isaac will be a year old in a couple of weeks.

Unknown said...

Gotta love that grin! Happy Birthday!