We started off the day with our newest adventure - cloth diapers. I've researched on and off about cloth diapers in the past, but just couldn't get past the poo part of it all. I got interested again recently because of the savings and really kicked my research into high gear. After figuring out how much money we would spend buying disposables for at least the next 3 1/2 years (a good portion of that includes buying diapers for two and we buy the cheap diapers), it just seemed silly not to give cloth a try. And seriously, I've been dealing with so much potty training poo here lately, what's a little more? So here we are . . . giving cloth a try!
First cloth diaper ever - "Twilight" bumGenius 4.0 with snaps


Proud to show off his velcro bumGenius 4.0 in "Butternut."


So here's a funny story about our first day in cloth. After lunch Sam made some serious faces and noises that indicated he would definitely need a diaper change in a few minutes. I took him upstairs to find the easiest poop diaper change I've ever had. It fell right into the toilet, no problem. I was actually a little disappointed that I didn't get to use my diaper sprayer (that's like the sprayer on your kitchen sink - it just attaches to the toilet to help with the "messy" poops). I even bragged to Marshall about how easy it was! About 30 minutes later, I started to smell something . . . That stinker had gone and pooped again! And this time - ooh, it was MESSY! I figured that's what I get for bragging about the first one and let me tell you about the diaper sprayer . . . Best. Thing. Ever!
So far things are going pretty well with the cloth diapers. We even had a chance to play peek-a-boo while reading books this afternoon.



Here he's wearing FuzziBunz in "Mac N Cheese."
(I'm loving the color names! We also have "Grasshopper" - obviously it's green - but I felt silly taking a picture of every diaper he wore today and that's the one that only lasted 30 minutes.)

As a side note, my baby actually did wear clothes today, but what fun is a post about cloth diapers if you can't see the diapers! So I stripped him down to take a few pictures. This way you get to see all those adorable rolls!
3 comments:
Im so proud of you Mego! The best part about cloth diapers other than the big money savings...is how stinkin cute they look in them! Sam is getting so big and so glad to see all his cutie rolls in his very fashionable diapers!
You are so brave, Megan. I would have to be seriously medicated to be able to handle washing the poop ones. :)
The pictures are definitely cute! And I do love the color names too!
That's awesome! I feel inspired. I adore the top picture of Sam !! :)
Post a Comment