Thursday, October 22, 2009

Five Months

My baby was officially five months old yesterday. Here are some things I would record in his baby book - if I had one.

- This boy is big! He's been wearing size 9 mos clothes for about a month now.
- He 's finally getting on somewhat of a predictable schedule. He's awake for about 2 hours and then sleeps about an hour. Sometimes he blesses me with a two+ hour afternoon nap (if I've been good that day)!
- When he's awake he is a really happy guy these days. Once he's been awake 2 hours on the dot, I can rock him a couple minutes and put him in his crib awake and he will go right to sleep. If it's been shorter or longer than 2 hours - he cries.
- His favorite blanket is a white one that someone made for him and he loves to rub it on his face as he falls asleep.
- Big boy is still not sleeping through the night! At 2 1/2 months old, he would sleep 9 hours - until 5:00am. Somewhere along the way he regressed a bit and started getting up earlier and sometimes even twice a night! Thankfully, he eats and goes right back to sleep, so I'm really only up for about 15 minutes, but still, it's time to sleep, Sam!
- We've been feeding him in the evenings in attempts to get him to sleep longer. He only gets up once now that we started food, so I guess that's progress.
- He hated cereal and now eats oatmeal instead - he loves it! He's also had applesauce and seems ok with that one, too.
- Now that he's discovered the art of rolling - he does it all the time. I left him in the middle of the blanket to go check on supper and when I came back, this is where I found him:

Guess he was trying to get his toy!

- This boy is a spitter and a drooler. Thank goodness for bibs.
- He loves to splash in the bathtub and adores his siblings. They can always make him laugh - especially Jack.
- He also loves to play "airplane" and fly on your legs. Watch out for the drool, though, it will get you in the face every time!

He really is a happy (and heavy) baby and we love our baby Sam!

2 comments:

natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
natalie said...

Hard to believe it has been 5 months already, and Isaac is just a couple of weeks behind him!

Sam is such a cutie. I love his huge grins!