Sunday, October 4, 2009

Tutu Party

We celebrated Anna's 2nd birthday yesterday with a tutu party:

We're too, too excited that Anna's turning TWO

So we're having a Tutu Party and inviting you.
You must wear a tutu, for plain clothes won't do
We'll whirl and twirl, and swing and slide too!

I
f you want to join us, but a tutu is not for you
Girls wear pink, and boys come in blue.

(I totally stole this poem from some random person's blog that came up when I googled "tutu party," and tweaked it to fit our party. Just didn't want to take credit for something that wasn't mine!)



The Birthday Girl

Posing with Granny & Grandy

Our family of five.


I just love this one!




Anna with her friend, Chaylen.

Grammy & Jack





Sydney showing off her tutu.

Getting ready to slide with Eli and Claire.

My girl loves to swing!


Pop & Grammy took turns pushing Anna in the swing.



Grammy fully participated in the party by wearing her own tutu!
How cute are they together?!






She was a little overwhelmed with everyone singing happy birthday to her.





McKenna digging in to the cupcake.

Anna's good buddy, Jonas.

She got just a little bit of icing on her face!

Granny got to feed Sam his party food.


London showing off her tutu (and her walking skills).

Presents!


Isaac was into his cupcake - he loved it!

Natalie and Claire doing a little dance.

The party favors came in pink . . .

and blue.

Allison came all the way from the Upstate with her girls, Sydney and London.

Pop getting into chalk drawing with the kids.

By the end of the party she was an exhausted mess, with droopy leg warmers, but still oh so cute!

Protecting the chalk while sucking her thumb, now that's talent!

After the party at the park, we came home to eat lunch with my Aunt Beverly & Uncle Jim and have more cake, singing, and presents.

Grammy didn't want Hank to feel left out, so he made him his very own tutu just for the occasion - at least it's blue!


Jack was the official helper with all the gift unwrapping.

Beverly & Jim brought more of their famous singing/dancing creatures and both Sydney and Anna were intrigued in this picture.

After presents, we sang happy birthday again and this time she actually tried to blow out her candles!


Hmmm . . . I think there's a little something sticky on my hand . . . and on my face, and on my clothes, and in my hair!

What a fun day we had celebrating with our new two year old!

4 comments:

Corrie said...

Happy Birthday, Anna! Love the party pics, especially of Anna and her Grammy in their tutus! :)

Lydia said...

That was such a cute idea! Love the pictures! Her outfit is adorable! I love the leg warmers. Looks like everyone had a great day!

natalie said...

What a cute party idea! I love that Grammy wore her own tutu. My mom would have done that too. Anna's outfit is adorable!

The Dales said...

What a precious party! I love it! I would totally steal this idea if I had a girl! Anna is a cutie too!