Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Back by Popular Demand . . .


THE CHRISTMAS CARD REJECT PHOTOS

I thought it was difficult to get a good family picture for the Christmas card when we had a toddler and a newborn. The following year we had two toddlers and it certainly didn't get any easier. Oh my goodness . . . you can just imagine how it went with a preschooler, a toddler, and a six-month old. Oh wait, no need to imagine, let me show you how it went!


The sun way way too bright here, obviously.

In case you can't tell, Jack is actually digging in his pants in this one. I can't even begin to imagine why!


Sam is pulling Anna's hair, Anna is crying out in pain, and Jack is deep in thought.

Anna is pretty much summing up what we are all feeling at this point!

The parents look pained and the eldest appears to be bored with the whole thing.

Again, this one just illustrates how cooperative Anna was during our photo shoot.

Yep, he's picking his nose.

And now we see what's going on - I'm pulling out the tissue and Marshall is fussing at him to get his finger out of his nose! Also, this is probably the best shot of Anna's black eye - at least it matched her dress in round one.

Round two happened a couple days after we got home from Thanksgiving and I realized my coupon for free photo cards was about to expire. We threw clothes on the kids, wiped the snot off Anna's face (she wasn't feeling her best on this day), and plopped them in front of a bush in our yard.


Jack was putting his arm around Sam and touched Anna. She obviously didn't like it.

Someone surprised Sam!

We like to call this one "Evil Jack."

You can kind of see here that Anna's "black" eye is now a purplish-greenish and she has a new scrape right between her eyes.

Somehow Sam lost a shoe.

Now he's trying to eat Anna's dress and she is not pleased at all!


Yep, she's actually licking the snot off her upper lip.

Happy Sam


And we're done!

So, to sum up we learned that 1) It's impossible to get a good picture of my 3 children together, and 2) My kids are pretty gross - how hard is it to ask for a tissue?!

6 comments:

Huli said...

Love them! the kids and the pics. hope i can see them this weekend!! your hair looks great!

Kelly said...

Ok, so I pretty much wait on pins and needles all year just to see this post...and once again, you didn't upset! :-) I LOVE YOUR FAMILY PICTURES!! Not only because they are hilarious and too cute for words, but because they just about sum up all of MY family photo shoots as well. Keep up the good work McCravys!
In all honesty, Megan, you have a beautiful family! :-)

The Kinard family said...

This was too funny!!! I love the Evil Jack picture and the one with Marshall fussing at Jack. Those were my favorite, but they were all GREAT humor!!! Thanks for sharing this and giving me a great laugh! Love you, girl!

Unknown said...

I LOVE these! It seems to me that Sam is pretty happy in almost all the pics. What a good little guy! These are just adorable and I'm sure you'll cherish them forever, no matter how difficult it was at the time!
You guys are the best!!!
Merry Christmas!!
Thanks for sharing!
Amy

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. I'm in love with Anna. She seems to be her own person. Merry Christmas!

RheaAnn said...

i love it as always. i can hardly wait for your updates on family picts!!! what happened to anna's eye? hope you guys are doing well. have a merry christmas!!