First of all, let me just say that I know most people don't care about this, but I was so glad I documented Jack's potty progress, because I re-read all my potty posts recently and I had actually forgotten some things (even though it was only 10 short months ago).
For the most part, I'm doing things the same way I did them with Jack. She gets rewarded with one skittle if her panties are clean and dry when I ask. She gets two skittles for peeing on the potty and puts a sticker on her chart (once it's full she gets a big prize) and if she ever poops in the potty she will get 3 skittles.
What I knew about my girl, but was reminded about big time today: SHE IS IMPATIENT!!! She wasn't so interested in sitting on the potty if nothing happened within the first few seconds. Which is funny, since before we started the official potty training, she would sit there all day if I let her.
I didn't give her a lot to drink this morning so she really didn't have tons of opportunities to be successful early on. She obviously has a bladder of steel compared to Jack and doesn't go nearly as much as he did when we started this with him. She had an accident right before nap (had been 2 1/2 hours since she went the last time - even though she sat on the potty several times in between, nothing happened) and then had a poopy right after nap (before I even opened the door to let her out of her room). I think that freaked her out a bit because then she refused to wear her panties for the next 20 minutes!
I finally started setting the timer this afternoon and she was just fine going when she heard the beeps. I also gave Jack a skittle for going potty and that's all it took for her her back on track this afternoon.
Overall, I'm pleased with only two accidents on the first day. I'm pretty much expecting her to wake up wet in the morning, but I sent her to bed with the training pants we're calling panties anyway. I would like to skip the whole diaper/pull-ups thing at night. We were able to do that with Jack, but he was so much older than she is when he went through the process. I'm trying to remind myself of that and be open minded about the whole thing. Now we will just have to wait and see what tomorrow holds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment